Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Here it is.. Finally

So we came in for a "routine" monitoring Monday morning... for what was supposed to be a 24 hour visit. I refused to pack anything for this trip because I did not want to encourage nor entertain the idea of staying here...

I should have packed.

I must have gotten home and comfortable and forgotten what this place is like... how short the oppertunity to talk to the docs are and NEVER knew what is was like to have a NOT SICK child in the hospital... this is special.

So we are here trying to record him having some seizure activity. Good news is he is not having them very often... so that means we have had to stay longer so that we can catch a few different kinds..

It's like the opposite of why we were here last time...

We come in while he is fine...

We have to stay because he is better...

What the Heck? lol...

So he was hooked up to video and EEg monitoring... I told him that they are making a movie about him... and that he is the star!


He wants to go home, but I think he is enjoying charming all the nurses when they come in.. He has made up a few original knock-knock jokes and makes me crack up sometimes... my favorite is his ice cream soda knock knock joke

Today they said that Kahlai probably has ADHD..and want to put him on riddlin (or however you spell it).

What are your thoughts....? Im not making a decision on meds and am going to try to decrease his energy level with diet first.

I am going to take my collaberative entries and opinions and I've asked the nutritionist to come talk to me about starting a diet..

Amy, Sorry I couldn't call you back or take your call.. Kahlai has been a handfull. But I listened to everything you said and I thank you...

My mom came and helped me with Kahlai so I could shower and blog really quick... he was giving her a run for her money that I ended up having to save it and post an update a little late so sorry...

So here is day three.. We are told we can go home today. They didn' get what they wanted but we are going home anyway. YEEESSSS! Poor Kahlai is ready to be home and I am tired of sitting here telling him to be still and quiet...

He just got taken off the monitoring and Mickey and Minnie Mouse are going to be down the hall in 10 minutes! Kahlai has not been eating well so as I type I am telling him that if he eats we can go see them... its not working.. ;(

So we are waiting for the Pshychiatrist to get here so that we can go home. We are packed up... and ready to go.

So far this is what the epileptologist said:

His brain activity looks GREAT.. he is having long spans of normal brain activity when before he wasn't at all.

We are going to try altering his meds to try and provide him more protection against seizures while he sleeps.

and the usual.... follow up follow up... follow up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angelique,
    This is Joelle Farrar from SCC. Right before I graduated in December you mentioned your new Blog page you started, and I had checked it out back then, and of course was impressed with your positive outlook on life even when it must feel like God is not listening!! I have always admired that about you :) Anyhow, tonight for whatever reason something told me to check your blog and see how you are doing... I have to say I am speechless, I can't even imagine how you feel with everything going on. Please know I give you so much credit, you are an amazing mom, student, and woman. I will be praying for you and Kahlai everyday.
    --Also one of my best friends has a seizure disorder, and she has a fabulous neurologist. I am not sure if she does Pediatric Neurology, but I would be happy to give you her info if you are interested.
    My current e-mail address is joelle@woodwardwest.com
    Take Care!
    Joelle Farrar

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving a message.. it's nice to know who is supporting us through this..