Saturday, April 25, 2009

It must be in the plan for us.


So I haven't been blogging much because I have been really trying hard to stay positive and be productive with all that we have had going on. After we came home from the hospital week before last, I had to play catch up. The good news is that Kahlai isn't going to be put on meds for being three. (eh-hem).

He IS hyper... but we took a pill from mid day and moved it to the evening and WHOA what a difference that made!

He has his moments... but in the past week he has been such a joy to be with and we have shared so many belly laughs... it feels good to have my boy back.

Kahlai is a comedian... no really.. he is. He has begun what I think will be lifetime of making people laugh. He has created his own knock knock jokes.. something you have to hear and I will try to get a video and post it soon.

He makes me smile... and often remember that days are short and lifetimes fly by if you can't stop and share the joy with those who are most meaningful in your life.

All that said... those times have been conveniently created for us.... days upon days sitting in a hospital room... a choice, to either stare at the walls, a tv, or we could finger paint, make a fort on the bed and "hide" from the nurses, sing silly songs, make up dances, decorate the room with coloring pages and call the nurse in for more juice, cups, ice, sheets, tape, gauze wrap, stickers... bed pans and a pair of scissors cuz we have an idea for a craft! lol.

On Tuesday, I went to class and when I came home, Kahlai had what looked to be mosquito bite. Kahlai is somewhat allergic to mosquitoes and swells up pretty good when he gets one... this time it was on his leg. It was Kevin's night to have him so I had him prop his leg up, put a bandage over it, cool compresses and some after bite. No fever.

I dropped him off to his dad. Told him what was going on and by 10pm Kevin took him to urgent care because the swelling had gotten worse and had a low grade fever of 99.5. He was still walking on it, but seemed not to really want to come home with mommy... it's always hard to say no... but it wasn't my night so I went home.

The next day Kevin brought him back to me just after noon. Within a few hours I had seen it swell more, and start to get dark so I took I'm back in to the urgent care ER in Gilbert.

There, they started him an IV and took us by ambulance to a hospital where we were admitted for 3 1/2 days.

What probably started as a bug bite, had become seriously infected overnight and or he has MRSA? The docs were never sure, didn't get enough junk on the swab to culture for a diagnosis, but with IV meds, prayer and time, he is getting better and was discharged today.

I can't tell you how I loathe being in the hospital.. this one had no wireless Internet so I struggled to get a scholarship app in (thank you mom for dedicated the entire day to helping me get it in.. you are an angel!). My homework has been waiting for me...lol. SO I will post this and get right to it.

Just wanted to update everyone with what was going on.. thank you so much for your support and please please please pray for this scholarship! It is worth enough to cover the majority of my tuition! (crossing my fingers).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a message.. it's nice to know who is supporting us through this..