Monday, July 27, 2009

Kahlai is goona be 4!!!


Geez this is happening waaaay too fast!


I go to visit my dear friend Amyra the other day (who has been in the hospital for a week now poor thing) and realized that it was the four year anniversary to when I was admitted into that SAME hospital to be prepped to have my son. It really took me back.. really? FOUR YEARS? Where did it go? Did I enjoy them? What am I doing? Time is flying and I feel like I'm standing still... waiting for the big day.. What DAY?


Last weekend we had his party and for the first time.. it wasn't this big ordeal where I almost crashed as the last person left the house... lol. No seriously.. I don't know why in the past three years I have felt like my son has needed a formal ball (kid style) for a birthday party... ridiculous- but it was what I felt probably made up for something I do not wish to go into detail about as his dad prints these blogs out and tells me he will use them in court against me.. it never seems as though I say the right things.. but I just don't care anymore.. doesn't matter.. it's my blog and I use this to keep you all informed of what is going on with Kahlai and I so PRINT THIS! Ha ha ;)


So anyways, today is the reason why I wanted to blog again. I know it's been a while.. and now you can understand why.


We went to visit my friend in the hospital again and Kahlai was SUCH a good boy. He used all his knowledge about being in a hospital to be very helpful to her.. no seriousy. He taught her how to use the buttons to operate her bed.. (not the ones on the handles.. the master controls on the bottom lol.) Then he helped the nurse change her linens and stacked up all the stuffed animals people had gotten her and told them all to be nice when she got out of the shower. Last time we went to visit Amyra, it was just after his party and he got a keyboard from his grandma. He practiced a song that he wanted to go sing to Amyra and b4 I could finish mopping the floor he was loading the keyboard into the car in the garage... So sweet. On our way to see her this weekend he bought her a Disney Princess bubble set and then today opened it up for her and played with it... spilled bubble solution all over the floor and ate part of her lunch "for her". He gave her one of his capri-suns and then asked for it back b/c he was "firsty". Did the same with some fruit snacks and ate them while she was in the shower lol. He told her it would be alright and then as we were leaving he said that we should go get her and take her to our house so she can be happy. I love my son and am so glad to hear these sweet words come out of his mouth and hear the kindness, compassion and care that he is showing more and more every day.


So then we get home and Kahlai always likes to spend some quality time with "Nana". So they went upstairs and I just knew by the look on her face that the sweetness coulnd't have lasted more than 5 minutes up there... my poor mom.. Kahlai always seems to break something of hers in a flash... seriously.. A FLASH and then... spends the rest of the time trying to make you smile and be happy after you are sad that your nice things are now ruined. lol


Just a part of having kids... no wait.. I only have one... and one is obviously enough! lol


All in all.. we are well. Kahlai is doing good. Still having seizures and we will be going into the BNI for monitoring in September so I will keep you updated.


OH! and I have my own website now... tell me what you think! http://www.angeliquewhite.com/


1 comment:

Thank You for leaving a message.. it's nice to know who is supporting us through this..