Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here we go...

So Kahlai started taking his meds Friday night. He has vomitted every time he has taken his meds and so I am pretty sure that his body is rejecting them. We have tried to give him his meds with different foods... before dinner.. after dinner... blah blah.. but honestly, he has had no appetite really not to mention that we are transitioning him quickly to the modified atkins diet so he is not getting many carbs and a lot more fats. I, however, have not changed from the foods he typically eats. He developed a cough on Friday and by now he is pretty sick. He is lathargic acting and extremely emotional. He cries and wants to be held often and right now smells like vomit.. ewww. He is refusing to take a bath.. I came over to his dad's during his nap now that he is woken up.....I want him to smell fresh... so I'll give him a few minutes and try again. Poor baby, he just doesn't feel good. He doesn't look like he does either. I can't wait until he starts to feel better.. that way i can make some sense of his symptoms.

I bought some strips today so that we can test his keytones. We just did and he is currently at around a 60 we think. We just realized that we are not health care professionals and need to wait for the go on this stuf. I am afraid to do something regarding this diet and make things worse so I will just keep feeding him low carbs, high fat and not worry about getting him to a target level of keytosis... I'll call tomorrow about his vomitting... and will just continue to pray for my little guy... feel free to pray for him too.

I'll keep you updated...

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a message.. it's nice to know who is supporting us through this..